A scenario-based e-learning refresher course that puts you in the middle of an investigation of a possible case of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD)
This free EuFMD e-learning course provides an overview of FMD recognition in either a FMD-free country or in a country where the disease is endemic. It presents the clinical signs of FMD, as well as routes of transmission, diagnosis, control, and prevention measures.
The course is divided into 6 lessons which you can take in any order and includes downloadable infographics and other micro learning tools that you can download and use in the field during an actual investigation.
Click here to participate in this free course.
This e-learning course is intended for
- Government veterinarians
- Private veterinarians
- Livestock industry members
- Veterinary students
You will learn about
- Importance of emergency preparedness for, and early detection of, FMD outbreaks.
- Pathogenesis of FMD, clinical signs, routes of transmission and outbreak investigation.
- Samples that should be collected to enable laboratory diagnosis of FMD.
- Biosecurity principles to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Control measures that would be applied in the event of an FMD outbreak.
- Lesson 1 – Significance: How important is FMD?
- Lesson 2 – Biosecurity: Starting with the end in mind
- Lesson 3 – Diagnosis: Is this FMD?
- Lesson 4 – The disease: Identifying the source and transmission
- Lesson 5 – Leaving the farm: Don’t be a carrier!
- Lesson 6 – Control strategies: What happens now?